Friday, June 25, 2010

Time Warner, I Accept!

My DVR flaked out last night, so I didn't get to see my shows. The menu also showed me weird stuff that carried over today, so I called the help desk to see how to reboot the system.

Sam answered the phone and it was a wonderful experience. He not only fixed the problem, but he offered me the loyal customer reward to upgrade my servies to the top of the line -- and decreased my monthly payment -- all with a smile in his voice! It seems that T-W has received the message for its captive audience: we have to pay because we don't have options other than "the dish," which won't provide me with the phone and internet as one package. I questioned ... really? ... and Sam assured me ... really! The only catch is a 2-year commitment, but unless I am willing to go to the dish, I'd have no option, so 2 years it is.

Sign me up, dude.

So now I have it all: the channels, including Showtime and HBO, which I have NEVER watched, and a sports package. As I said to Sam, you never know when Mr. He'll Do will ring the bell, become part of my life, and get his jollies watching golf on the TV. I'd rather watch paint dry, but whatever floats the boat.

1 comment:

John said...

Hopefully this doesn't come back to haunt you later, as some of your deals with the loan sharks that are cable companies in the desert have in the past.


*priessod