Monday, April 25, 2011

Sounds Like

Every so often, I play ridiculous children's games on the computer. I'm not skilled at game playing, and not very competitive, so the marbles in a row or the hexagonal colored blocks offer me challenge enough to take the edge off the pounding winds that are now completing Week II of their local run.

Is it just me, or are words inserted by the programmers into the game sound tracks? One of the games plays the same tune endlessly, which drives me to distraction, but each time I remove a block of blocks, I hear "Linda." In another game, every time I destroy a layer, the game says "rubbish." In a third game, I hear "winner, winner."

And, yes, I find myself playing the darned game again because ... I cannot believe I'm hearing what I just heard!!

I'm waiting for the game to say, "Idiot!"

No comments: