Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Balls

Seems that the newer way to rebalance one's back, stabilize one's core, and trick one into thinking it's not physical therapy, but FUN, is to have patients contort on a fairly big ball. Rolling back and forth is one of the more challenging exercises, oops, I meant to say "activites," one can do with a ball, as the FUN begins with one simply learning how to sit on the darned thing and not fall off.

I need to continue to stretch all those internal pieces that have drawn up (the reason why the back of my knees no longer go flat against an exam tabletop), as well as tighten the tummy muscles (in my case, tummy is too cute a word for the bulging abdomen I'm sporting). Walking is good on flat surfaces, such as a sidewalk (please write and tell the local gov't that sidewalks are good, as well as fun), but riding a bike is not recommended at this time. I skipped over the pool part (see comment re: tummy), but I do know that soaking in a really hot tub until the water cools feels heavenly (contingent upon one being able to extricate one's self from said tub).

Rather than jetting off to Greece to have mad, passionate sex with an inappropriately young man (tricky with a back that is basically frozen in place, but where there's a will, there must be a way), I'm going to be meeting more medical personnel up close and personal for a bit. With 3 separate doctors tinkering with this 'n that, it's a wonder I am not bedridden. I have to work with the system and see if together we can figure out (1) what's actually wrong and (2) determine what we are going to do about it, then (3) actually do it!!

Other than the ball. I see an ER in my future, accompanied by a chorus of "I fought the ball and the ball won."

No comments: