Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This week ...

Honest to Pete, this is the cold from hell and it simply won't resolve itself. Yeah, I know that technically it's community acquired pneumonia, often acquired by travelers during the holiday season when airlines pack us into a common petri dish for several hours at a time, but I've taken enough drugs to have wiped this out already.

Last Thursday, after teaching class up the hill, I came outside in the icy cold snowy rain to find a flat tire. By the time I had finished dealing with that, I knew there would be consequences, and there were: I spent Friday at the doctor's office, rather than teaching a scheduled class. I've had a chest x-ray, but he wants me to schedule a pulmonary function test just in case as my breathing is still an issue (probably the asthma affect) and my inhaler is close at hand at all times.

Two weeks left in the semester, so I have to suit up, show up, and get the job done. Somehow.

No comments: