Friday, November 20, 2009

WILL THE PAINTING NEVER END??

Today, I put a base coat on the closet doors, then spent far too much time digging dirt, rocks, and old screws out of the closet door track before taping off the gold edges of the frame prior to painting. I love the color on the walls, but ... after applying the closet door color, I'm not so sure I like it!

The color is beautiful in and of itself, and it looks okay with the wall color, but it's garish in the daylight. It's either too lilac or too pink, but I don't know which. Instead of a colorful future office space, I have a girly bedroom!! Actually, I think I need a darker color on the closet doors to add a bit of formality to the look, rather than the lighter lavendarish pink color. I haven't done the white borders yet as I'm going to wait for the build to be completed before I crawl along the floor for that stage of the project, which gives me time to re-evaluate the closet doors.

I am going to contact the Valspar rep who left a nice note on my blog to thank him for taking the time to do that. I'll let you know what we discuss.

No comments: