Thursday, February 4, 2010

Movin' On

What a hoot: the Dems have characterized the Republicans as the "party of no," without realizing how an oft-repeated phrase is shaping their image. I don't watch TV as much as listen to it, the same way that I listen to the radio as I'm driving, so words pop and catch my ear, especially when they become the only answer to a touchy situation.

Lately, I've noticed that the Democrats are the party of "let's just move on." The President makes a joke about bowling like a special needs child; he apologizes; "let's just move on." The President slams people who spend money in Las Vegas--twice; he apologizes; "let's just move on." Rob Emmannuel calls people who don't go along to get along retards; he apologizes; "let's just move on."

If I have to be labeled,I'd rather be a person who consistently says "no" rather than an individual who makes offensive comments, says "sorry," and just moves on.

1 comment:

DaniGirl17 said...

I absolutely agree with you. I'd rather be one that says "no". Now, can we just mov; on? ;)