Sunday, April 18, 2010

B-M-E/F-M-K

Best movie Beginning: the limo scene in No Way Out, even if I did see it the first time with my son!

Best movie Middle: sex on the boat in The Wedding Date.

Favorite line from a movie: I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else, also from The Wedding Date, especially if delivered in person by Dermot Mulroney!!

Best movie Ending: a tie between You've Got Mail and the last 5 minutes of Never Been Kissed.

Worst movie ever: Hell on Wheels, with Marty Robbins in the starring role: really.

Best movie actor: Johnnie Depp in any movie role he's ever played, including his latest, Alice in Wonderland. Why hasn't he won more awards?

Best Movie Actress: Meg Ryan before her face lift in the comedy arena, but for a serious actress, Helen Mirren.

Most over-rated actor: George Clooney in anything he's ever done and Angelina Jolie.

Favorite novel ever: To Kill a Mockingbird, which I can read a hundred times (and probably have) and learn something new with each reading.

Favorite contemporary author: LaVyrle Spenser, who has not written anything since she turned 50; I totally miss her.

Best children's author ever: Holling C. Holling, especially Paddle to the Sea.

Two movies I simply did not get on any level: The Players and American Beauty.

Current favorite TV shows: Glenn Close is incredible in Damages, absolutely incredible; Bones, but probably for David Boreanaz (Seeley Boothe), who says more with a look than most men say during an entire evening.

TV Shows I Absolutely Will NOT Watch: anything with "reality show" in the hype; comedies that just are not funny; late night TV (I'm a morning person); and game shows.

Man I'd Fuss around with: Colin Farrell's older version: tall, dark, handsome, bad boy or Tom Hanks if he's anything at all like the characters he plays.

Man I'd Marry: B, my plumber/handyman, if he were a much older man, but just as kind and helpful.

Man I'd Kill: it's a toss-up between one of my past relationships and my dotter's ex-husband.

No comments: