Monday, April 12, 2010

Pourin' and Snorin'

Last Friday, I was outside putting a coat of linseed oil on the outdoor furniture and sunburned my face -- again. Drat, I thought, it's time to get out the heavy duty sunscreen. This morning, however, I was wrapped up in an afghan as it poured rain for almost 2 hours. As I drove back down the hill from work at dinner time, the news reader informed the audience that it's snowing in both Big Bear and Idyllwild. This is weather in the desert: don't like it? stick around for a day and it'll change.

Daisy learned that it's fun to play in the rain, especially if she runs back into the house and leaps onto my lap. I get a quick soaking and grab for a towel to rub her dry, a massage that she evidently likes as she began tearing in and out the doggie door a quick dozen times BEFORE I caught on that her little game could literally go on all day!! I let her come in one time without rubbing her dry and she stopped going in and out. Neither dog has admitted to peeing a lake in the middle of one of the floor cushions, but had to deal with that little mess, too, before leaving for class.

I did finish all the table toppers, which look really nice in a paisley print on black that includes red, yellow and green and picks up the couch color perfectly. I made a topper for each flat surface in the living room and then a table cover for the dining nook, which has solid black cushions and a corner pillow. Looks good.

I also talked to B, and he's going to come over and help me with a couple of last-minute projects before my BFF comes to take me to the surgery and stay overnight with me "just in case." All the furniture moving in the guest room led to the metal frame losing that screw clamp that holds it together, so he can pull out the bedframe and put it back together, as well as finish up a few other little things before she arrives. I'm going to try to remember to vacuum and dust, but that chore has gone to the bottom of the to-do list when standing on my sore leg is involved.

I actually realized today how few weeks there are left in the semester, so it's time to kick it into gear and git 'er done. Still not sure what my summer plans are, but I do know it'll include a road trip in my new RAV.

No comments: