Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Eyes are Bigger than My Tummy!

You know how it is when you go to an all-you-can-eat buffet and everything looks so good that you take far too much food and simply cannot eat all of it? When I talked to my friend about buying her couch, I remembered that it was a large conversation-pit style that formed a U and included a chaise, which was the selling point for my poor hurting leg. I borrowed one of the cushions and decided that it would fit into my non-existent decorating scheme as I have black wrought iron and black picture frames. I can make a new set of table-toppers that pick up the colors in the couch and tie it into the rest of the room. What I didn't quite remember was exactly how huge the BIG COUCH actually is until it arrived at my doorstep.

Yesterday, my friends delivered it and we set it up. Now, when anyone walks into my living room, they are going to see BIG COUCH. As big as my living room is, BIG COUCH has taken over the space! I like the BIG COUCH, it's a totally comfortable seating area, and it has a sleeper section, as well as the chaise, but it is also huge!

Daisy loves the new couch as, for her, the top of the couch cushions is like an indoor running track! Mia likes it because it's much more comfortable for her than her various floor pillows and places. I like it because that chaise is well worth the purchase and will be totally great after the surgery. And, if both my dotter and g'son visit again at the same time, they can sleep separately in comfort as one of the 3 pieces is a hide-a-bed. I just have to get myself used to the BIG COUCH in my living room!!

I did stop by the big box store and buy fabric to make table toppers, which I'll do this morning, to tie the charcoal of the couch into the rest of the room. The good news is that I totally like the new couch, as well as the changes it brought into the space. Guess my next order of business is to invite people over for a visit -- a LOT of people!!

1 comment:

Shaunsfrog said...

i love it looks great