Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Lone Ranger Rides Again!

Ranger is a great little dog, absolutely adorable, and the girls and I have taken him into our hearts. He does the cutest things, has learned how to play with Daisy, uses Mia as his Mt. Everest as he climbs all over her in endless exploration. But when I brought him home from the field 3 weeks ago, I knew I could not keep him and would have to find him a new home.

When A was here last week to fix the paver patio and construct the shade structure, he really took to Ranger, holding him, cuddling with him, and even directing Ranger to the Potty Place. B told me A wanted Ranger to go home with him, but A never told me that, so I found a place that would find Ranger a good home and planned to make the call tomorrow.


But A had shared a secret with Ranger, that he was going to take Ranger home with him: he just didn't tell me that. I guess A wanted time to be sure he wanted another puppy and to get the joint approval from his lady. Today, the call came, as I was driving on I-10, surrounded by 18-wheelers trying out for the Indy 500. I pulled over to the side and A told me that he does, indeed, want Ranger to come live with him. I cannot express the joy I felt at that moment, knowing that Ranger would be going to a good home, one filled with lots and lots of doggie love.

We spent the past hour outside, Ranger chasing Mia and Daisy all over the backyard, using his Potty Place, jumping up on the outdoor table B made for the backyard, and making a final trek through the planters, looking for lizards: Daisy taught him that. A and his lady arrived, and Ranger climbed into their arms, settled in for the ride to his new home.

It'll be quiet this evening and we'll look for Ranger all day tomorrow, but all 3 of us know that he's going to love his new Daddy and Mommy and we're happy that Ranger has a new family.

4 comments:

John said...

Good news.

yucheng said...

i miss you

yucheng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ranger is doing well. He sleeps with my daughter at night all cuddled up and he plays with Trixie (my mini chi) all day. When we come home he has learned how to come to the door and kiss and love on us. He also likes to eat chew sticks. His first set of shots will be on Saturday morning. He is VERY lovable and is learning how to climb up the steps to get on my bed. Oh...my daughter also got him a dog tag and put her phone number on it. We love him very much! Thank you!