Friday, August 6, 2010

Paver Patio Redeaux

When I first designed the paver patio, I knew exactly how I wanted it to look finished, even the plantings around it and the shade structure above it. I knew there would be a table with chairs in the center and a chiminea somewhere, as well as a grilling area. My problem was that I didn't have the tools to do the job correctly, so I had to lift up the pavers and reset them a year after the first finish. This time around, I hired the guys to do the job right from the start and it looks great!

The red "grout" still needs to be swept into the spaces, and the pavers still need to settle, and I still need to decide on a final arrangement, but I love it! Can't wait for tomorrow morning so I can go outside and enjoy my breakfast in my new again area, rather than being confined to the table on the patio adjoining the house. Sitting out in the yard, I can watch the sun rise in the east each morning, a beautiful sight to behold. Not such a great view to the west, but that's okay, too.

For now, the big white blob in the photo is a temporary shade to cut the afternoon and early evening sun, but we're going to figure out something else for the permanent installation. I want the 3 sections of the paver patio to be seen as one bigger patio, so nixed the idea of anything that would divide the space and separate the traffic flow. We'll figure it out!

The dogs are totally wiped out as they had 2 workers, plus me, plus the 3 kids from next door to chase after. Daisy got out of the gate twice, and the next time, Mia made her escape. Sad to say, we didn't realize Mia was out until the girl next door brought her back home!! She just walked off the job. I was working on the computer for most of the day, so did not pay attention to which dog was where. Well, I did keep track of Ranger because I am so not enjoying the pooping on the carpet!!

I return to the classroom next week, teaching a full load as several teachers submitted their letters to take off this semester and I'm going to pick up one more class, giving me a full-time teacher's load. That's okay once in a while, but I would not like to carry 4 classes every semester! I'm slowly acclimating to this having nothing to do all day, but I also have to pay for the paver patio redeaux and a few other projects still awaiting their funding on the to-do list.

No comments: