Friday, December 10, 2010

AARRGGHH: Now I KNOW Why I'd Rather be at Work!

Don't ya love it when a good idea turns on you and kicks your ass? Yesterday, after spending the whole day out and about, I decided that, since Friday is a work day for the rest of the world, I'd start the house cleaning required by the coming of the Christmas guests. I came up with a systematic plan that should get all the jobs I never do done, so all that's left is the vacuum/dust/bathroom tune-up prior to the arrival of the first stay-over.

I began at 7:00 am, planned to finish by noon -- at the latest -- and almost collapsed from fatigue at 3 pm when I decided that enough is enough. Most of the kitchen is cleaner than it was, as well as both bathrooms. Sorry to say that leaves the 4 largest rooms untouched, a daunting thought at best.

Perhaps the good news is that I keep the guest room clean all the time, and my bedroom just needs some of the knick-knacks and "tops of" cleaned, which won't take a lot of time. I keep up with the living room mostly, but the office? Well, that's going to take a full day all by its lonesome.

I'll keep plugging away, but this is totally tough on both my knee and my left side, which is degenerating from being the bearer of all my weight since the knee accident. My left hip locks up and my left leg refuses to take a step, which I am hoping will resolve without surgery after the knee is fixed and I complete physical therapy.

I paid the girl next door to walk the dogs around the block today, and may have to do that a few more times until I finish the cleaning. Yeah, I'd rather be at work as it's a whole lot less work than being the housewife.

No comments: