Monday, February 21, 2011

WOW: I TAKE IT ALL BACK ...

The neighbor girl called and asked if she could come over because her mother left to go visit a with a "friend." I said sure, and she brought along both her dog and her homework. My dogs were glad to see her little fella, but she was obviously in a bitchy mood from the surly look on her face. She told me she had to finish the project I helped her with last week, so I asked her to tell me about it.

When she brought me up-to-date, I offered suggestions that were met with a whine. When she started bitching out my dogs for sharing space with her, I told her to stop it. When she again got in my face and again bitched out my dogs, I told her to knock it off or go home. She picked up her things and her dog and stormed to the garage door.

I stopped her there and told her that she knows how to behave, so if she wants to behave properly, she can stay and I'll help her. "Nooooo," she whined, "I don't need you to help me! Just tell me what to write!"

"Really?" I responded. "Doing the project is your homework, not mine."

"Oh, forget it," she yelled, "I'll just fail like I always do," and stomped out of the garage.

Buh-bye. I guess our 4 days together are ancient history and any future shared time seriously in doubt. Whatever.

1 comment:

Monique said...

WOW, that is crazy. It is so sad to see how the young teenagers are acting these days...they want the easy way out of everything, and don't care to put forth their best effort.