Thursday, September 24, 2009

UPS: Non- Delivery Service

There is a package for me at UPS that requires confirmation of delivery. Twice the UPS employee has stopped by to deliver the package, but I have been gone. Tomorrow will be my third strike because I have no choice about what time the delivery will be made: between 10 am and 2 pm. Before 10 am works for me or after 3 pm tomorrow, but between 10 and 2, I have a luncheon date up the hill.

I did go online to view my options, which I foolishly thought might include a different delivery window. Well, if I want to make changes, it will cost me $4 to do so, and I'm not going to pay to have a package delivered because delivery has already been paid for! Had UPS asked me when is a good time to deliver the package and then I failed to be home -- I'd pay. But they don't ask, they just stop by, and lots of people work away from home, which is where I was the first two times they tried to deliver the package.

I've signed the notification slips and left them on the door, but I guess I have to sign in person, and that's not going to happen. What's next? I don't know, but I think it includes me not receiving the package.

No comments: