Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You Should SEE My New 'Fridge!

The call to schedule delivery never came last night, so I called Lowe's today and asked when. The response: how about now? I emptied the old, unplugged it, and rolled it toward the front door, finishing just as the delivery truck arrived.

The new 'fridge is huge; well, that's compared to the tiny apartment sized 'fridge I've been using for 10 years. It's black, which makes it look even bigger, but fits nicely into the space -- just tall enough that I can't see the dust collect on top. Because the delivery team could not hook up the ice-maker to the old line, I called my plumber, who said, "We're in the area and will come hook it up for you." While they were here, they also installed the two new outdoor lights by my front door, flourescent lights that will be brighter than the old fixtures and come on automatically at dusk (and go off with the rising sun). This is another item off the must-do-soon list.

Wahoo! And I have not just an ice-maker, but my choice of cubes or crushed, as well as cold water and a light built-in. All of the glass shelves are adjustable, so I've done that as I returned items to storage, throwing out those beyond salvation.

And, lest you think that this is no big deal: UPS called me to update me on the returned package. It is on its way back to the local area and they will call me when it arrives on-site so I can either schedule delivery or come pick it up. I guess that all is forgiven, but no business should ever have to bend this far over if they simply do the job correctly in the first place. Go Big Brown!

Life is good in the neighborhood this fine day.

1 comment:

John said...

If you posted a picture, we could see it. :-D