Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Don't Believe This!

For 4 months, I've been trying to combine my 3 phone services into one. Thought I'd accomplished that goal twice now, but ...

As of today, I have another bill from Verizon: my $69.99 advertised monthly service is currently $106.02 because (ta-da) I don't have the bundled services. Yeah, I know: I thought I canceled Verizon June 29, 2007 because the plan they offered cost me $130.80 the first month, a far cry from $69.99. Ah, but there is no record of a switch to AT&T, and no record of any change in my service plan; hence, the bill. I'm paying $67.23 for phone service and an additional $38.79 for DSL, with all the taxes, etc., added into the base rate.

The $69.99 is supposed to include both phone service and DSL, but the last dozen or so employees I conversed with have all made errors (it's like a chain), which is why I'm still paying separately for DSL on a monthly plan. I cannot just have Verizon DSL without a "dry loop," whatever that is ... and that's tricky, which is the opposite of what the last person, Pat, said, so why not continue with the services I already have?

Instant pissed off. Again.

However, 37:38 minutes with Lydia and I'm once again going into the double bundle discount, which is phone and DSL, for $69.99 a month (base price), which is what I was after when I started this debaucle last April. However, those prices may not show up on my bill for 2-3 months, so I could continue to have $100 monthly phone bills until the changes take place.

Am I supposed to believe that is true? We're talking electronic recordkeeping and billing, which means she inputs it and it exists. There is no endless line of under-paid secretaries who are going to manually write the change orders, pass them on to the next level, etc., until "someone" finally gets the memo and changes the service! It's in the computer: change the damned service!

Okay, that's off my chest. Now on to AT&T.

After the hour spent on June 29 with a series of non-English-speaking, off-shore employees who all pretend they are fluent Americans, Davis promised me that my service was changed to the AT&T basic plan, at $23.95 per month, and I was happy. However, today Kevin confirmed that order was never put into the computer, and, actually, was canceled June 29, 2007! I currently have NO AT&T service at all, which is fine with me as long as there also is no bill coming in the mail!

I'm still trying to do the right thing for my monthly budget and consolidate these services. Guess I won't know the outcome for a while, which is why I never change anything!

1 comment:

John said...

What you might consider is canceling both services and going without internet for 1 month. Wait to see if everything is truly canceled (by getting/not getting a bill), and then pick the one service you want and start from scratch. You can likely get by with just your cell phone for the intervening time, although you wouldn't have internet during that time either.

Just a thought.