Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Project Log: Crocheting

I was so excited to get my 5 big 1# cones of Peaches & Creme yarn: lots more dishcloths lurk in these crocheting fingers.

It took me a long time to select my color choices from the many offered by the company, and I was already thinking about making some other products with the new, vibrant colors coming in the mail. I bought yarns with fall/winter in mind, perhaps to use in making knit caps, scarves and warm mittens.


Today, the package finally arrived. Can you say, "Yuck"? Some of the colors aren't very pretty and don't actually look the same as the picture in the catalog. I'm going to make a sample of each color selection and see if I like them better in a washcloth than wrapped on the cone. If not, I'll find a place to donate them, let someone else deal with all that cotton yarn, and go back to buying little rolls that I pick off the shelf so I know I'm going to like the colors.


I'm sure someone else in the world is just waiting to make more washcloths ...


I did, however, make a project I kinda like from a cone of cotton yarn I bought about a week ago. It's a slouchy purse, an original design, and will go with just about any summery color. I had an idea and decided just to go for it. I wanted a bag that was roomier at the bottom than at the top, but with a secure flap and a strap that can be flung over the shoulder. I used a great pattern stitch, so it's jazzy but doesn't clash with the varigated yarn (btw, I like these colors).
I just wanted to make the bag, not carry it, so now I have to find an unsuspecting soul to gift with this project.

2 comments:

John said...

That has Johnna's name written all over it.

Liza said...

Another friend put her dibs on the bag, so it's in the mail to her.

The good news about a gift is you may use it or regift it, and I never need to know the decision.

My pleasure comes from having something to do!