Saturday, May 10, 2008

Popping My Happy Balloon

I've been up since before 5 am to do all the little chores I always do before I leave my house: make the bed, shower and get dressed, throw the last of the must-haves into the suitcase, fill 2 bowls of water for the dog and make sure she has an extra goodie this morning because she knows I'm leaving her until tomorrow. Because this is the desert, check the just in case water supply in the car.

This is the long-awaited Las Vegas weekend!

I've had tickets to Jersey Boys since they went on sale about 6 months ago, and I've been singing along with the sound track for about a year. I talked my friend into going with me because she has a friend who lives in Vegas; hence, no hotel! I have a can filled with quarters I've saved for the slot machines and I'm ready, ready, ready to DO THIS!

So why is it raining on my parade?

I just opened my daily horoscope and the first line reads: "Today is not a good travel day for you." Perhaps the only positive is that air travel should be avoided at all costs--and I'm driving.

I am going: if anything happens, it happens, and I'll deal with it if/when it happens.

No comments: