Friday, May 16, 2008

Progress Report

The new living room window has been installed--and I love it! The tinted glass does make a difference; as the temp hovered about 105 today, the heat did not radiate off the glass as it did with the previous window. The slider is also in, but Mia's doggie door is out. I'm not sure how that will work for either of us as we are both used to her coming and going as she sees fit. I may be able to create a work-around, but the way it is configured, it's too tall for the opening by about an inch. And the screens were left off the delivery. They have been reordered and may arrive next Thursday, along with some kind of end cap for one of the sliders, and then we have to reschedule the installation people to come back and finish the job.

My wrist is still throbbing, but it's throbbing inside a brace that I am to wear 24/7 until the x-rays come back and/or the doctor can figure out what's wrong. So far, the best guess is that I "did something" when I hit the sharp edge of the car door, perhaps leading to a severely pinched nerve that is going into spasms with certain movements and just hurting like hell the rest of the time. X-rays should be back to the doctor by Tues-Wed, which means at least 5 more days of pain. It's recommended that I take 600-800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours to lessen the pain and help the swelling go down.

Regardless, tomorrow morning I'm starting to move the dirt into place for the paver patio. I have to get what's in the works finished, and I'm the only labor I have to do what needs to be done. I have asked several people for anyone who might be willing to work with me, even offering to pay hourly wages, but there simply aren't any takers. I have plants that must get into the ground or I'll have to throw them away and 200 12" square pavers to place. Perhaps using the wrist with the brace on will jar whatever is pinched back into place?

Then, I have to clean the pen! My house is SO dirty ... how dirty is it? It would take a crew a week to remove all traces of the landscaping project, the window replacement, and the constant high velocity winds that have pushed sand into every little nook and cranny of the interior of the house. I'll give it my best shot, but my priority right now is the landscaping, so it may get a lick and a promise cleaning.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to bed I go so I can be up and at 'em early, before the sun comes up and starts baking the backyard. I have a paver patio to install!

Updating: I worked outside for a full 3 hours this morning before the sun became unbearable. My wrist feels so much better I cannot believe it! Perhaps whatever was pinched unstuck itself, but the pain is just a bit of throbbing and a feeling of being bruised inside, both of which are manageable. I was being flip when I suggested that using the arm/wrist may improve the condition, but it seems to have worked. Whatever!

No comments: