Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Re: Gifting

The soaring high temps were set to ease off, so I planned to get back to phase 2 of the paver patio. However, last night the winds started up again, burying the 2 major cross-overs from my side of the tracks to the big box store, a required stop before any further work could be completed due to yet another "flit ter" on the wheelbarrow.

On the way to work today, I stopped by my friends' home in JT, where progress on doubling the size of the living space has been underway for about 6 months. The swim spa is so big, and a demo of the water jets showed me a current that could probably wipe out the strongest swimmer in short order. The garage is coming along nicely :) along with the other specialty rooms that tailor this home to my friends' comfort needs.

In the course of the conversation, I mentioned the continuing failure of the wheelbarrow wheel -- and got a "no puncture" tire replacement from Fat Matt's stash. The first phase of his renovation was a workshop to house all of the stuff in the old garage, which had to be torn down before the rest of the expansion project could break ground. During the relocation of stuff from the old garage to the new shop, Fat Matt found specific spots for specific items, which allowed him to have an ah-ha moment that led to my good fortune.

So, manana, I'm back outside (hopefully, the winds will die down) to install phase 2 of the paver patio before the predicted rains come in over the weekend. The clock is ticking and I'm not getting done what I want done before some other commitments have to take their place at the head of the to-do list.

chop-chop! busy-busy!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Update: the tire didn't fit my wheelbarrow, so I've bought a hand pump and will keep the original tire inflated while I work.

I've hired 2 former students to fetch the rocks from a nearby roadside and finish that part of the landscaping, as well as helping me remove a HUGE rock that is right where it should not be.

Finally, Gabe is coming over to provide an estimate on a watering system. Althought the weather began the week at 112 degrees, it's ended with tornadoes and snow in the mountains! Either way, I cannot leave for 10 days without having water available to keep in place what's now there.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Lowe's I go. Again.