Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Pot Calls the Kettle Black

The news reporter explained while wearing his serious face that candidate Obama is frustrated that he has not yet heard specifics from candidate Palin about the Republican plan to turn-around what ails the country. Obama tells the crowd that he wants to know HOW the Republican candidates are going to accomplish their goals, not just that they intend to do so in a sound-bite. He hasn't heard any specific plan to deal with the economy, with the energy situation, with global warming, etc., etc., etc., since the RNC -- almost 2 weeks ago!

The clock is ticking, people!

Cut back to Obama (at this venue) sharing his feelings with workers about the need to turn around the economy and get workers back on the job. He's going to do this if he's elected ... somehow. I must have missed the specifics of the plan-- again. I'm sure that sometime in the year he's been on the election trail he's mentioned the specifics, but I'm not recalling where/when / how or what of that plan.

Perhaps the real reason Obama is calling for his opponents to specify what they are going to do is that he could use some help in figuring out his specific plan? Or perhaps I've just missed hearing those details being shared with the American people because Obama is saving that for a big announcement at a large stadium? Oh, that's right: he was already there and could have done that, but he didn't. Why use specifics when hyperbole is so much more a crowd pleaser?

What about the Oprah show? I can see the hype now: O on O!

I don't think anyone has a clue what can be done to turn this mess around! Some days, I think it's better that we implode because once we hit the bottom, perhaps we can do better the next time around. Next time, let's do it on a cash-and-carry basis, rather than relying on credit cards and people's word that they will repay the debt they incur. I've learned that people lie, cheat, and steal -- and squeal like stuck pigs when they are caught and held accountable.

Oh, wait, my plan would cripple the government, wouldn't it? That's where we all learned to live above our means, to bury ourselves in debt and then just walk away from it and let someone else pick up our pieces. I remember. And if I'm tempted to forget, all I have to say is "Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae."

Will those blocks ever stop tumbling?

No comments: