Thursday, November 27, 2008

Psychic Awareness

My friend totally believes in lots of weird things that I view with what can charitably be called skepticism. She allows me my old-fashioned ideas about ethics, integrity, and hard work, for which, in turn, I allow her to get into the wicca thing, colonics, and psychics. As a gift, she invited me to her home for a reading with what she calls "the real deal," a psychic who lives both at the coast and in the desert and drives a nice Mercedes sedan. Evidently, there are many more gullible people than I thought or she is really, really good.

I walked through the doorway, set down my purse, and was taken to the kitchen table where the psychic awaited me. She gave her disclaimer, then picked up my left hand and said, "I'm feeling stress and pain, perhaps an injury, along your shoulders, involving both your neck and your left arm." She told me that it's been painful and is involving more of my body as I continue to feel constant pain. Her comment was that my body is not happy with me, and my dog is also worried about me. She also said that my dog and my mom share a name, which they do: I named my dog my mother's nickname, Mia. Okay, that was either impressive or she reads my blog because the only information I had given to her was my name.

She began scratching and rubbing her arms, as she told me that my mother is with us, and she's rubbing, almost scratching her arms, as if they itch. Yeah, my mom had a nervous reaction that appeared as huge red welts on her arms and looked as if a wild animal had clawed her -- and she said they itched and she rubbed them. She said that we were standing back-to-back, indicating some kind of problem between us. Yeah, that too. Her final comment about my mom said that she was in great pain when she died, rubbing her abdomen as she related this, and she was glad when she finally passed because her brother came to get her. My mom died on her brother's birthday!

She commented on the confusion, the noise, the people in my early life all packed together, and said that it was the wrong environment for me. Well, I have 4 brothers and a sister, 5 of us born within 6 years, which could qualify as a pack of people, so it was lots of people and lots of noise all the time. My one goal in life was not to share the bathroom. She mentioned both my fierce independence and my strong sense of right and wrong, said that while it's been a blessing, it's also kept me from fully participating in and enjoying life, but she sees change.

As more and more guests came into the psychic readings party, it was challenging to concentrate, but she talked about there being writing all around me, that not only do I write, but the people around me write. My daughter is a magazine editor and my son a technical writer. I am going to make changes in my career, changes that will probably revolve around writing. She said that I've been writing political tracts, or been involved in policy-making or politics, but the only thing I can think in that arena is my blog entries about the recent political situations. I'm also going to travel, which she said my soul wants to do. She said that I will travel across the states this coming year to be with my son when he needs me there, but I will also travel for my own enjoyment and fulfillment.

Then there came the relationship predictions, beginning with my unwillingness to open myself to a relationship. However, there is someone coming to me, someone who knows me and understands me and with whom I will feel trust and give trust. He is an air sign. She said that my hand shows two marriages or significant relationships, but I've only had one of them. She said that the career change may include travel, but she sees the travel as part of the relationship, a part that brings me joy. Perhaps I'll finally make the trip to Greece?

She had me pull cards out of the pack and I was amazed at the words that were on them, but with all the people milling in the room, I lost my focus and cannot remember them. She said that the cards I picked reflected everything that she had said, and I do remember relationship, travel, success, intimacy, independence, but not the last few. She asked me if I had a question for her, but I told her no. I also made it a point not to volunteer information during the reading, but I will admit that I confirmed that my relationship with my mother is one of my horror stories, and that my children are both writers, as well as I.

One specific thing I noticed was that while she was holding my left hand, the constant, throbbing pain went away. Her hand felt warm in mine, and when she dropped my hand to work with the cards, my hand grew cold and began throbbing again. I almost wanted her to hold it again and get rid of the pain. I mentioned that to her as we wound down and the next person came in, and she gave me her card and said that she works with realigning the body's energy and chakra healing, whatever that is.

I had lots to ponder as I relinquished my seat to the next guest, so I came home, started a little fire in the chiminea, took a cup of hot coffee outside with me, and sat in a light sprinkle of rain to think about all of this. She did capture me pretty darned close, and I was surprised at some of her comments, so maybe she does have a gift and is not a charlatan. Are there those among us who have the gift of insight? Yes. There are times in my life when I have simply known things that were later revealed to be true. Is this woman the real deal? I don't know, but it was fun, I saw several people I had not seen since I retired, and I met my friend's mother. That and a nice night, a cozy fire, and 2 dogs nestled at my feet makes for a good end to another day.

1 comment:

canadianicewolf said...

I was directed to your post by your son. It is indeed great food for thought!

I personally believe that there are those that have the ability to "see" things.

I believe that you did meet the "real deal" with this lady.

I think that she is a wonderful combination of a centered and grounded energy who can separate her own sensations and energies from others.

The fact that she picked up immediately on your pain and that you felt better being in her energy field speaks a great deal for me. I believe there is something that can be done to ease your pain. Anything that can't harm will help! :)

It sounds like she's been taught in Eastern Medicine thought (Chakras, reiki, etc) and if it is at all feasible for you to go to her for a treatment, I think it may be good for you to do so! She may not be able to fix the issue directly, but she may be able to guide the pain away.

The other thing that I wanted to say is that while you may not believe in what she had to say, I hope that you will keep it in the back of your mind and perhaps they will be brought back to the forefront if they come to pass.

Brightest blessings to you! I truly hope that you find some relief from the pain.