Friday, November 28, 2008

LA Fried Turkey

That's Lou-see-ana fried turkey and man, was it good! I was invited to a friend's home for Thanksgiving dinner and I've never seen so much food for so few people. A big turkey, a big ham, two kinds of stuffing, three vegetable dishes, mashed potatoes and the best pecan praline sweet potatoes I've ever tasted, a corn casserole that was incredibly good, hot rolls, gravy. Well, I'm sure I've left something off the list, but whatever that dish was has to be as good as all the others.

Then came the desserts -- and the kitchen counter was again covered from one end to the other. I didn't even start because that counter was a medical no-no! There is enough food left over to have a crowd to eat leftovers and still have some for the 'fridge.

The host deep fried another turkey for me, which I shared 3 ways: one breast and the carcass to one friend, another breast for another friend, and the legs, thighs and wings for me. I can't wait to nibble on one of my stash today before visiting my friend at the coast and delivering her third.

Good time and great food enjoyed by all.

No comments: