Sunday, November 9, 2008

Slip 'n Fall

I have pretty much tripped and fallen my way through life, having enjoyed breaking both of my legs during my youth, as well as ripping the ligaments in my left foot one evening, as I stepped down a 2-inch high step while leaving the neighbor's house. I've also had 3 separate knee surgeries on my left knee, and broken my left arm twice within 3 months.

Needless to say, I am no stranger to the trip n' fall.

As I extricated myself from the living room couch earlier and headed toward the front door to check night-time security, I found myself sliding on the tile floor and landing with a significant whump. I know I mopped the floor earlier, but it would be dry by now -- and I definitely slipped on something wet and slimey.

Of course: Mia threw up on the tile floor, that slimey vomit that is slicker than snot and twice as hard to clean up. I yelled at her, but she really didn't care as she can't clean up the mess. I cleaned it up, as well as my feet, and then changed into my pj's as my sweats got a nice smear of slime as I careened across the tile floor.

I can do enough damage all by my little lonesome, so really don't need the dog setting slip 'n fall traps for me in the comfort and alleged safety of my own home!

1 comment:

liz said...

Lucky you didn't do any serious damage. Glad you're ok.