Monday, March 2, 2009

Dog Tired

Don't get me wrong: I love my dog. However, right now I don't much like her.

Mia has an annoying trait (perhaps common to dogs) that as soon as I put in the panel lock for the doggie door and then fall asleep, she wants to go back outside. There are bells on the slider where the doggie door is, so she rings the bells to let me know she wants out. I go back to bed because her stays outside can be minutes or hours, depending on whatever it depends upon for a dog. When I hear her come back inside, I get up again and secure the doggie door.

Some nights, such as last night, it's a constant in 'n out! Finally, about 3:30 am, I gave up and stayed awake as it was just easier. The problem with that solution is that once I was really awake and in no danger of going back to sleep, Mia flopped onto her bed and fell asleep quite soundly, requiring no more trips outside. Of course, I have a class tonight that goes from 6-9 pm, so if I don't find time to take a short nap, I'll never make it through my very long day.

And to think I found raising children a challenge.

No comments: