Friday, March 6, 2009

R U F-ing KIDDING ME?

I drove to K-Mart down the street to pick up a couple of items and parked outside the door to the "GardenShop." I and a male customer headed for the door at the same time, only to find it locked, which happens a whole lot more often than it should.

At the main entrance at the other end of the parking lot, I encountered the first of three official employees in their K-Mart shirts, ID tags prominently displayed. To each I asked the same question: why don't you put a closed sign on the locked door directing customers to the main entrance?

All three of them gave me the same answer: because we can't.

To each of the three I gave the same reply: give me a piece of card stock, a black marker, and some adhesive tape. I'll take care of the problem for you.

Each of the three sort of chuckled and walked away. So did I: there are too many stores for me to spend my budget in a store that cannot even indicate when one of only two entrances to the store is locked.

Unemployment is what? 10%? I could double that figure just with the totally incompetent people I encounter during my once-weekly shopping day!

No comments: