Sunday, April 26, 2009

One More Item Off the Git 'er Done List

Mia and I went out early this morning to collect bigger rocks to line the walkway between the border garden and the fence in the backyard. I figured I needed 30 rocks, each of which would be about the size of a basketball, as well as three flat rocks to finish off the stepping stone pathway from the cement patio to the paver patio. The first 15 rocks were eezee peezee, but those last 15 were much harder to lift! Even remembering to bend at the knees and lift with my back, my entire body is sore from the gathering, but most especially my neck and shoulders.

I unloaded the rocks and put them in place, after first removing the much too small rocks I used in the meanwhile. Mia snoozed in the shade while I worked, staying clear of the hazardous work environment I seem to create with my projects. Once I finished replacing the rocks, she came by for a look-see and is not impressed, especially since I filled one of her excavations with the smaller cast-off rocks to save dirt when I finish the project by filling in the missing dirt, which I can do one wheelbarrowful a day for a few days.

I also bought a new set of solar lights and will replace those when it starts getting dark later today. I love having the soft glow of the lights throughout the garden when I sit outside and watch the stars dance with the rising moon.

Finally, I must lift up some pavers and put more sand under them as many of the first patio area pavers sunk after a year of being rained on and settling. That's tedious, but not difficult, so I'll probably do that a little bit at a time for a couple of mornings this week -- before I take my shower. One of my best reasons NOT to do the work that needs doing is that I take my shower before I remember that I wuz gunna...

No comments: