Saturday, April 18, 2009

Youthening

That's better: my brain age is down to 55 because I've learned how to do all the required tasks. If I say "boo," instead of "blue," the device hears it correctly; if I print in all lower case letters, the device reads my responses correctly; and if I am more careful when I move the little circle from A-1 to B-2, I don't hear the dreaded buzzer sounding an incorrect response.

I score very well on the piano playing, but I played piano for most of my life and read music, which is a definite advantage. I can't seem to memorize more than 9 4-letter words out of 30, no matter which memorization trick I try, so that'll take more work. But, I can earn 100/100 of the math problems, which tickles the heck out of me because math is so NOT my thing.

I read in today's paper that Paul McCartney rocked the house last night at Coachella, with even his most lukewarm fans giving him many thumbs up. The weather is better than predicted, so the place is packed, which is surprising in this downward economy.

Also in the on-line paper is an article about a car accident involving 2 military personnel, one of whom was injured while the other died at the scene. The headline, however, reads "Active Duty Marine Injured in Accident," which seems less important than the one who died at the scene.

On the "dear God, I have to get this done" list are several fewer items as I've been chipping away at them this past week. There are still 3 bigger jobs with which I need help, but they'll get done, too. I'm trying to talk myself out of the water feature, but that is the reason I designed the backyard the way I did: to showcase a water feature.

The huge vat of "drink this, not soda" water-based beverage is in the 'fridge, reminding me that summer is fast upon us. My beverage of choice is 2/3 iced tea cut with 1/3 lemonade, so that's what I make, in case you're stopping by one of these days. I have plain water, too. Sometimes, I even have ice, if you stop by on a good day.

Finally, I was out and about yesterday doing errands and some light shopping, but was astounded when PetSmart was no longer. Mia's long green weenie dog play toy, her absolute favorite, is held together with duct tape, so we need a replacement. I've looked everywhere I've been and cannot find that toy, which we originally bought at PetSmart. I'm not sure what I'll do when this one wears through the duct tape, but Mia is going to be one unhappy dog.

Time to curl up with a book, and I have some new ones, while the sun does its thing; I'll be going out to gather rocks in the early evening for the next project, which is to replace the much too small rocks edging the walkway in the backyard for ones that are a more appropriate size. Then, it's filling the wheelbarrow with dirt from across the street to replace that which Mia flings about while digging her nests for naptime. I don't know where the dirt goes, but I could probably put the water feature along that fence and not have to do any digging!

1 comment:

Miss Fliss said...

*get the water feature*
= )

and I believe that Petco in Palm Desert has the long weenie dog toys. My puppy would eat them in 2 seconds, but I did look at something that sounds just like what Mia has.