Thursday, October 22, 2009

Do Over

Yesterday, I arrived for my MRI a half-hour early to complete the paperwork and gown up for the process. I sat in the waiting room, reading some great recipe magazines from Family Circle, anxious to complete this appointment and find out what is wrong with my back. However, I suddenly began feeling not well, so I stepped outside to gulp fresh air before going back inside. Within 10 minutes, I was so nauseous that I thought I would vomit and knew that I had to leave.

Just then, I was called for my appointment, so I stood up -- and froze in place, looking for a waste basket. The employee asked me if I was okay, but I had to tell him, "No, I am going to be sick," before I started back to the lobby. I stopped long enough at the desk to apologize and tell them I would call back to reschedule, and I hustled to my car. I did not vomit then, but turned the air conditioning to blast me with frigid air as I drove back home.

Once I was safely home, my body purged itself of what I think may have been tainted chicken I bought last Friday and the remnants of which I made into a chicken quesadilla about 90 minutes before the appointment. I was incredibly hot, but also shaking with the chills, so after cleaning myself and pulling on jammies, I crawled beneath the covers, a waste basket beside the bed.

I woke up at 7 am this morning, feeling so much better. I've still had a bit of chills today, along with the sudden heat flushes, but ate my Coach's Oats for b'fast and actually cooked a healthy late lunch to put back into my system that which it lost yesterday. I rescheduled the MRI, which now won't be until Tuesday morning, so guess I have to handle the back pain for several more days.

Better back pain than more vomiting!!

1 comment:

Monique said...

Hey! I was just looking at old blog posts of mine and saw comments you posted on them so I decided to come and see how you are doing. In case you don't remember who in the world I am-I was in you English 50 class last semester. I miss you being my English teacher...there are others not quite as attentive as you. :)Well I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better...I pray you feel all the way better soon (including your back) :)God Bless