Thursday, January 15, 2009

Take a Deep Breath

Today was another blizzard of constant activity, but I not only covered a lot of ground, but accomplished every item on the to-do list.

To wit:

I am now wearing a watch. I remembered to stop at Wal-Mart on my way to class and purchased a man's watch with a big face that does nothing but tell the time!

I also stopped by my bank and asked why I was humiliated at the grocery store yesterday when the clerk had to inform me --3 times-- that I was over my limit, especially when I KNOW how much money is in my checking account. According to the nice lady at the desk closest to the entryway, no one knows that there is a $1k limit on a debit card, and I spent that much prior to arriving at the grocery store. Hence, my card was denied, but, ironically, it paid for the purchase as a charge! I told the nice lady at the bank that I really would have liked to know that limit BEFORE I encountered it in a business, and she assured me that it's probably in the paperwork I've received over the years in little tiny print that no one ever reads. She said most people find out about the limit when they go over it, not exactly a good information system if you ask me.

I have the new book and will revise the syllabus.

I gave my printer to a colleague who is thrilled, especially since he thought it was one of the other ones, with the little ink cartridges that have to be replaced weekly, not one with the big toner ink cartridge that lasts longer. He scratches my back often enough that I owed him payback.

And, I packed up a box of electronic equipment to send to my son! Hurrah on that task being completed. Now, I just have to get a window for shipping so he'll be positioned to drive to the states to pick the box up at the post office.

Finally, my persistance paid off: the installers are coming back to make my wireless option work. They are to be here tomorrow before noon as I have a meeting up the hill from 3-7 pm. They have promised not to leave until it's working, but I'm not confident that is actually going to be the practice if it doesn't work no matter what they do.

No comments: