Friday, January 9, 2009

Wow; What a Week

It is my own uneducated, presumably medically incorrect presumption that the steroid shots in my neck to deal with the spinal stenosis messed up my entire being. Some days, I can barely function, falling asleep at 6 pm; other days, I'm up for 20 hours with no signs of sleep anywhere in my future. Some days, my head is buzzing and fuzzy to the point that I refuse to leave my home; other days, I'm sharper than a tack. And underneath it all is a sudden intense craving for sugar in any and all forms, a craving that I have not had in almost a year.

Additionally, my eating habits have gone to hell: some days, the thought of food makes me nauseous, and other days I check the street for fresh road kill as I've eaten everything else in sight! Needless to say, I've ballooned to an all-time high that is totally unattractive and, quite soon, unclothed. I am so out of balance that it's not funny or medically safe.

I had been doing so well, but no one will ever know that seeing me today, so I stopped at a health food store, explained my current issues, and asked for help in getting me back into balance. When I'm craving sugar, sugar, sugar, I know my pancreas are not happy and my insulin is way out of whack, so I decided that rather than giving it another week, one of my favorite coping mechanisms, I'd deal with it TODAY!

I'm going to take some meal-associated supplements and let Boyd know when I go back up the hill next Thursday how it's working for me. He also outfitted me with some better protein bars, bars that are actually protein, rather than hidden sources of sugar that only make matters worse. He says I should know by this weekend if the supplements are going to do what they are supposed to do, so I'll let you know when/what I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Stop by mine for a free internet and blog speed test! Comments welcome! --<--<@


-------------------------
Free Internet & Blog Speed Test
-------------------------