Friday, January 2, 2009

Tidbits

When I opened the kitchen closet in the corner this morning, it struck me that not only was it in disarray, but I had no idea what was in the closet, which meant it was time to clean it out.

I found some treasures, 3 bottles of wine I didn't know I have, as well as some really cool kitchen gadgets still in the boxes, never used. I must have been taken with a thermal pitcher as I bought 2 of them, still in their boxes. A Sam's Club-sized bottle of dish washing liquid had seeped through its seam, creating a weird bubbly, thick, white, gooey mess on the outside. And, I have far too many rags in the closet for wiping up floor messes.

I'm donating the box filled with party paper supplies; the very large aluminum disposable baking pans; the really cool kitchen gadgets that have never been used; the matching thermal bottles; and some miscellaneous stuff. I've already discarded that which had no other purpose, and organized and arranged what's left.

Now, there are 2 other dark corner closets that need exploring -- another day. Doing one cupboard a day is about my limit, with the reaching up and bending down, as well as all the washing of that which comes out, as well as that which goes back in. I did cook up the last 4 cups of macaroni in a canister and made some mac 'n cheese for the freezer, with enough left over to make a Mediterranean salad tomorrow. Not sure how long those noodles had been in the canister, but I figured it's dry, I boiled it, and I'll cook it again before I eat it, so what's the problem?

At this rate, I'll never make it to the garage as I'll run out of time and steam long before I tackle that project!

No comments: