Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Beginning Week 2

The best update is that the sugar is finally out of my system. When I am off my game, I substitute sugar for all the other food groups, which exacerbates my lethargy, my sleeplessness, and my weight issues. I feel like a slug and I look like a slug, so I act like a slug. However, once I can get past the driving force of the sugar rush, my body responds rapidly and starts rebooting to what it should be: alert, alive, happy, and willing to get out of bed every morning to walk the dogs.

Without all the sugar pulsing within, my knee is much better, too. About 3 weeks after the surgery, my right foot became tangled in the sheets. When I rolled over in the night, I tore something, waking up with a scream as I felt the inside of my right knee explode in searing pain. I've iced it, elevated it, massaged it, and exercised it, and it's slowly coming back to totally stable. However, removing the sugar from my body has also lessened over-all joint pain, and that has helped the knee almost more than anything else.

Today, I hopped out of bed when the girls came in and woke me up at 5:45 am, and pulled on a pair of shorts that two weeks ago would not pull on. That felt totally good and assures me that I'm back on the right path and will be able to get dressed for work in another 4 weeks.

No comments: