Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Exhausting!

It's hard to tell which is worse this week: calling in twice a day to see whether I have to show up for jury duty or following a puppy around the house to keep him from doing his potty business in the house!

It used to be that you called in for jury service and you either reported or you didn't. This week, I have had to call in every evening after 6 pm to see whether I have to report the next day, but have been getting the message to call in the next day at 11 am to see if I have to report in the afternoon if I don't have to show up in the morning. This process continues for a full week, which makes it a whole lot more stressful than it needs to be. I have arranged for the girl next door to watch Ranger if/when I have to go as the court is a good 30 miles one way from my home. I'm going to pay her something for being on-call with me all this week.

I have company coming this Friday and don't know how to get the carpets cleaned with all 3 dogs in the house. I can put Ranger in his crate, but the big dogs are another story. When the temps are in excess of 100 degrees, I just can't put them either outside or into the garage for the duration, so they will wander where they wander, regardless of the wet carpets. I feel that I have to try to remove some of the doggie odor from the carpet before my company arrives, but I'm calling for a thorough cleaning next week from the professionals. If I have to clean the carpet every week for a while, that's what I'll do as it creeps me out to walk on bare feet across carpet I know has been pooped and peed on all week! Totally gross.

Other than that, the diet is coming along as I'm eating healthy meals, weighing my portions, and setting the timer so I actually remember to eat at specific times, rather than just eating whenever and whatever. The only change I've made is no sugar/no flour, exchanging all my favorite foods for salads and veggies. The walk every morning is starting to tighten up some seriously loose bits, and that's nice, too. I'll keep at it as long as I can remember to go to the store and buy fresh, rather than roaming through the cans and packages and frozen food aisles.

No comments: