Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good Morning: Day Two

UPDATE: the iPOD has an on/off switch! No, I didn't know that, but A&B are here working on the air conditioning situation, and they both have iPhones -- and about a thousand apps. I've learned so much today and now feel confident that I can both keep the device and use it!!

Yesterday worked better than the day before, so I have high hopes for today. I did the shopping required to eat more healthy foods than junk and cleaned out the cupboards (again) that I cleaned out about 6 months ago. The muscle memory in my mind gravitates toward the sweet, sweeter, and sweetest food groups, so I have to convince myself to go back to where I was a year ago: fresh foods, limited portions, eat every 4-5 hours so I don't binge. My blood sugar goes down along with my weight, so I don't just look better, but I really feel better inside, too.

I began today with exercise, first taking Mia for a walk through the neighborhood and then coming back and hooking Daisy up to her leash. We went as far as I needed to go in two legs, one each with a different dog, so that probably will work. Yep, I also did the leg lifts and the tummy tuckers, both of which my sagging parts desperately need.

Today, A&B are coming over to install a new air conditioning outlet in the living room. With the new couch comfortable in only one location in the room, I no longer can adjust the seating to take advantage of the one overhead air duct. Because the living room is actually quite a large rectangle, having the only vent at the end of the room by the huge windows limits the effectiveness of said vent when the primary seating area is at the other end of the rectangle. The guys do good work, they charge me fairly, and they always help me clean up the mess. I also made appointments for both a haircut and a car servicing for tomorrow, which will take me out and about for a few hours. And, I have plans for Fri-Sat-Sun!

About the iPOD: it's a process, not an event. I figured out how to zoom in, but don't know how to zoom out. My dotter said I can turn the screen to use the tiny keyboard, but I turned the screen and the keyboard stayed where it is. I finally found the audiobooks I bought the iPOD to use, but ... the books are double what I pay in hardcover!! Each download is between $19.95 and $34.95, which is far too much to pay to listen to someone read me a story while I walk. Dotter said that I can buy audiobooks from other outlets, so I'll check that out today. I may go with 99 cent music downloads for walking and continue to buy print books and pass them on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had someone there to show you some basics in person, the tutorials I found would not have been helpful. Many classics are available in audiobook for free, although I find music more motivating for walking. Feel free to email me any questions (your son can give you my gmail), with a week into summer vacation I'm starting to stop thinking about school so much :)
Jenn