Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Down Time

It's break time, so I'm sitting outside with a fire in the chiminea and a cold glass of wine. The stars are just starting to peak from behind the thin layer of clouds. Last night, I saw the falling stars of the meteor shower, but I think it's pretty much done for this year.

I made the trip to the Big Box Trifecta to find all the items required to finish the reno: curtain rods, blinds, paint, new roller covers, etc. Unfortunately, I picked up the 47" blinds for the office instead of the 46", so have to go back to Wally World and exchange them. I called Mike and asked him to stop by Thursday to install said curtain accoutrements, which he agreed to do.

I found paint close to what's in the bedroom and bath, but it's a brighter shade, so I may end up repainting both rooms. That's when it's good to have a small bathroom, right? I got the Kilz Kolors again as that paint totally covers in one coat and holds up really well.

Because I ordered the new door with clear glass, I'm experimenting with window coverings when someone sleeps in the guest bed. I tried color paper to see if I want color covers, but think I want to keep it simpler than that. Next, I bought some opaque Contac Paper and applied that, which seems to work fairly well as I left a generous border all the way around to limit the obstruction to the view. Hidden in the back of my mind is etching the glass, perhaps with a pattern for a floral design, but I'm not there yet. I also have to buy the screen that affixes to the top sill and holds securely with magnets as the outdoor security screen is a total no-go.

ADT is sending a rep this Thursday for the security update, but I found out during the phone call that it's a 2-appointment process. In the past, the guy has shown up, done whatever, and left: one visit, one charge. If it's too expensive to change out the sensor on the new door, I'll call another company and get a bid from them!!

Once all these little things are done, I can actually do the cleaning. Yes, we clean as we go, but there's been so much going on that little bits and pieces seem to spread outside the construction zone.

And, my grades are done, so I'm driving up the hill tomorrow to post those and be finished with the semester. I'll also share lunch with a college friend before driving back home.

All in all, lots of activity, but not really much going on!

No comments: