Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let's Party ... Again!

The incredibly loud music from the live bands at the neighborhood parties is mostly doable, but there are some bands that push the limits well into the wee morning hours. To the west of me, behind me about a block, is a party house: at least every other weekend there is a well-attended party that often features the same live band, judging from the same musicality I hear when there's a party.

I've tuned it out every other time, but this morning? It kept getting louder and louder as the hours ticked by. Finally, at 1:00 AM, I called the police department and asked dispatch to send officers by to tell the revelers to turn down the volume. There were whistles and sirens, as well as what has to be an electronic drum set as I've never heard drums that loud. When the dispatch asked me where the party was, all I could say is behind my house at least a block over, but as loud as if it were in my backyard!

Thankfully, by 1:30 AM the music volume had been turned down, although it continued until well after 2 AM, when I was finally able to go back to sleep.

No comments: