Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I AM SO EXCITED!

TODAY is the BIG DAY! The replacement of the rest of the windows with energy-star windows begins at 8 AM, while I'm up the hill for my class, and concludes with the construction of a small deck outside the NEW DOOR in the guest room!

WOO-HOO!

I arrived home from taking my friend to the airport to find that the wood for the deck and 6 bags of cement had been delivered. There was no call from Lowe's to tell me they were coming, so the delivery crew neatly stacked everything right in front of the garage door! In order to park my car, I first had to relocate all the supplies. Yes, I can still move six 60-pound sacks of cement and a whole lot of lumber when called upon to do so.

In early afternoon, the door and the windows were delivered, but I was there to direct the crew to the temporary storage place inside the garage. They were very nice and on their way up the hill, so I provided them with directions and sent them on their way.

I also cleaned the dog run as the installation crew will be working both inside and outside and I don't want anyone stepping in it, especially after 2 days of rain has softened the dog deposits into mushy shoe traps.

The new door for the guest room necessitates installation of an outdoor light, as well as relocation of the electrical outlet, but my construction crew boss tells me, "No problem." He did, however, forget to purchase a door handle, which could be a problem for my personal security. And, I also reminded him about the security screen door. Of course, I'm seeing yet more keys on the key chains as I don't have a common lock in the place!

Look for the photos after the changes are complete.

No comments: