Monday, December 14, 2009

The Honey-Do List

What I need in my life is a honey to do all the jobs that suddenly landed on my shoulders with the decision to retrofit the windows! I am a list-maker and mostly a doer, but the list is one that would take half as long if I had a handy honey to help me.

In the office, I have to paint the room. Well, I guess I don't HAVE to paint it, but when I have to paint one wall, I may as well paint the whole thing -- and I have a gallon of paint that will do the job. Then, I have to either put up curtains or buy new blinds as the ones I had were not gently removed and/or safely stored during the renovation. The hardest part? Moving the furniture out of the way and then back into place once the paint dries.

In my bedroom/bathroom, I also have to paint the walls with windows, but not only did the guys throw out all my paint cans when they cleaned the garage last summer, but I cannot find the color chip to match the paint I used a year ago. Rather than having that project finished, as it was a year ago, I may have to repaint the whole shebang!

In the kitchen, I just have to repaint the window new sash, so it's not a big deal.

In the guest room, I have to paint the wall with the new door, as well as the new door, and then all of the trim, which I want stark white. I'm also going to take 1/3 of the closet and turn it into shelves, which is what I did in my closet when I fixed up my room. I'm adding small shelves, as well as a double bar on one side of it to make it more user friendly and updated. Believe me, an entire wall of closet is a lot of wasted space if I don't do "something" to add to its appeal.

And my carpets are beyond using my home shampooer to clean, so I'm going to call one of the services to get the grime and construction debris out of the fibers. That's a day I'll go to the movies as the odor of wet carpet is not asthma-friendly.

Meanwhile, Mia is again sleeping on the couches, although I thought we were past that phase. I've been waking up at odd hours throughout the night and find her snoring, with her head on a couch pillow. After chastising her severely, I've marched her back into my room and onto her sleeping palette, but she goes back to the living room if/when I fall back to sleep. I've been waking up anytime after 3 AM and just getting up and getting on with it, but I wish I could be sleeping better and not waking up off and on all night.

Oh, well, it is what it is, right?

No comments: