Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Color Me Happy

How come the color never looks as good in the picture as it does on the wall? This is such a beautiful, vibrant green and it looks avocado, instead of the lush color it is! I deliberately did NOT choose a yellow green, but a gray green ... maybe when they get around to the front, I'll take another photo and it'll show the true color.

The dogs are being moved with the painting, from the back yard to the side yard, and even spent some time inside. Not a great idea to keep 3 dogs inside the house at the same time.

Today, the complete base coat will be rolled on, as well as the patching of the plaster. The people who owned the home prior to my purchase nailed a lot of whatever into the stucco, chipping it in the process, which has led to the need for this maintenance.

Tomorrow, the final coat will be put on and the patio cover spray-painted all one color, to match the existing trim. I also have to put a coat of the trim color on the front mini-patio cover as it's looking a bit weathered already. I want the whole house to look fresh and clean--and all mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks nice! I like the color.

John said...

It looks olive to me, which I personally don't care as much for. But it sounds like that is just the photo, so I'll wait to see it in person.

All the changes will make it look good, I'm sure. Now, if it happens to help keep the kids out of your yard-- bonus.