Sunday, August 12, 2007

In Media Mess

Man, I do this all the time: start one thing, then another, then another--and work myself sick trying to get all of them finished.

The yard is driving me crazy because it's so darned hot that I can only work for about 3 hours a day. At this rate, I'll finish by Christmas ... maybe. I've tried finding another person to help me remove the remaining grass because once that's done, the rest will be fun. I also need help with the watering system as it needs to be rerouted, and I'm not sure what/how to do that.

What I've done in the office is great, but there is a huge pile of whatever still in the living room. I've spent hours and hours and hours that seem like no time at all when I see how much is left to go. There are still 3 boxes of stuff in the garage I brought home from work, and not only do I not remember what the heck it is, but I'm rapidly running out of places to put more stuff!

The good news is I've finished prepping and printing all the materials for the start of the college classes this week. Still don't know if it's 2 or 3 classes, but I'll find out tomorrow. Whatever. I can use the $$ to pay for all the projects I have pending.

The painter gave me a good estimate on patching the plaster and then double-coat painting the house, which it sorely needs. I also have a man coming down from JT to give me an estimate on a containment block wall around my property. We're going to go low with it and hope the kids don't spray paint their gang logos on it as they've done with every other block wall in the city. And, it leaves me with the option down the road of adding wrought iron on top of the blocks if/when I can afford that touch.

All in all, once I get what's in the works done, it'll improve the appearance of the property, but then I need to finish up some inside jobs that I've let slide. Now I remember why I was always ready to go back to work in the fall: this not working is too much work!

No comments: