Sunday, August 26, 2007

Landscaping Phase 2: The Wall Is Finished (for now)

Mi casa looks so much better with the wall defining it on the lot! Behind that wall is a mess of sand, concrete, and residue from construction, but by the end of next week, it should be landscaped and lovely.

The men who built the wall did so flawlessly, ordering exactly the materials they required to do the job. Their teamwork was a marvel to watch as one did his part, while the other attended to his duties. It seemed that the wall just magically appeared, row by row, effortlessly.

However, it was both hot and humid, so I know how much sweat equity is invested in the apparent effortlessly executed finished product!

When I first thought about fencing, I took the picture of exactly what I wanted to surround my property. What goes on top of the column is some sort of black, perhaps wrought iron, light fixture. On top of the wall will be some sort of black, perhaps wrought iron, fencing. I have a picture from a resort of a sculpted wrought iron fence that looks like mountains across the top--and that's my goal.

The next step is to make that happen.

1 comment:

John said...

My only concern is tagging... your wall is big and new enough that the gangs may feel the need to mark it.

It is coming together and looking nice.